Mobilizing Québec’s ICT Community for a Prosperous, Green Future
Québec’s Research and Innovation Strategy (QRIS) for 2010-2013 is built on five key strategies that aim to strengthen the economic, social and environmental fabric of Québec. It strives to foster:
- More competitive and internationally-recognized research;
- Greater entrepreneurship across the province;
- Increased productivity and competitiveness through innovation;
- Improved governance of research and innovation investments; and
- Collaboration among industry, academia and government on major innovation projects.
This fifth strategy is an essential element in Québec’s innovation equation. It seeks to:
- Accelerate innovation and provide companies with a greater competitive edge in high-growth global markets;
- Increase R&D cooperation among well-established companies, SMEs and researchers, and foster a culture of open innovation; and
- Contribute to the development of a green economy.
The Equation Project directly addresses these objectives. It facilitates high-value partnerships that mobilize multinationals, SMEs, entrepreneurs and university researchers on collaborative projects to accelerate the development, commercialization and adoption of green technologies.